Well, we had planned our ride out earlier today and were excited to get started tonight even though it looked like rain/thunderstorms! Anyone that knows me, knows that I have no desire to be outside during a thunderstorm. So we decided, after looking at weather.com that it would be okay to go. Turns out once again that weather.com was pretty accurate!
Our goal tonight was to do a 20 miler because yesterday was a wash and the day before I think, we just completed a short 10 miles. It all goes by so fast once you start riding. We did manage to get 20 miles in, but tonight would not be an easy night for Gail.
Gail's bike is known to have chain issues. The chain pops off at the strangest times...mostly it's when she is going down hill or when she is in a good cadence. I actually kept up with her part of the time tonight, so I witnessed the chain coming off at least 3 times.
When she has to stop to deal with the chain, she often get her hands greasy and it's quite possible that she wears the grease on her shirt! It's a pain, and just as she gets focused on her ride, the chain will act up. Gail never gives up even when she repeatedly has to put the chain back on, she fixes her bike and continues the course.
I'm so thankful that when the chain falls off in my life, that I have Christ to help me fix the mess. That even though we have trials and struggles, if we keep our focus on the Lord, He will help us persevere through the trouble and stay the course, much like how Gail completed her mileage! We do not need to worry because if we give those trials/struggles to our Lord, He will help us through. It may not be easy, but it's doable through Christ.
Psalm 139: 7-12 says...
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
If you have a personal relationship with our Lord, He will never leave you! I'm so thankful that when my chain comes off in life, that Jesus is there with me helping me put it back on!
Happy Trails!
Shara
No comments:
Post a Comment